binäre optionen demokonto ohne einzahlung http://laprovence.sk/familjarnosty/3335 “Desmond Thomas Doss (February 7, 1919 – March 23, 2006) was a United States Army corporal who served as a combat medic with an infantry company in World War II. After distinguishing himself in the Battle of Okinawa, he became the first conscientious objector to receive the Medal of Honor for actions above and beyond the call of duty. He is also the only conscientious objector to receive the medal during World War II.” – Wikipedia
- “Doss enlisted as a medic determined to save lives on the front line, but refused to carry a gun on moral grounds
- In April 1942, Doss was 23 years old and working at a shipyard when he was called to the draft
- He was given conscientious objector status after declining to bear arms due to religious principles and enlisted as a medic thereafter
- He chose to become a medic in order to adhere to both the Sixth- thou shall not kill – and Fourth Commandment – honoring the Sabbath
- Doss saved the lives of more than 75 of his comrades who were stranded on a cliff, called Hacksaw Ridge, in the Battle of Okinawa
- He was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry Truman in 1945″
http://ramblingroseboutique.com/?prertwe=grown-up-dating-site&fde=c6 What inspired Desmond Doss to risk his life to save others ?
2 Timothy 2:2-4: – “2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
A good soldier of Jesus Christ will endure hardness. Desmond Doss is an example of what a man of compassion can do when driven by the love and power of Jesus Christ.
Jesus also encourages us to endure and have patience:
- Matthew 24:13 – But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
1 Peter 1:25 –But the word of the Lord http://aquanetta.pl/?kostromesp=opcje-binarne-opinie&8af=dd endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
Would you like to know of the inspiration that drove Desmond Doss throughout WW2 ? Click here.
Watch the incredible story of Desmond Doss who was a faithful, courageous, self-sacrificing Seventh-day Adventist christian:
enter site Media Reviews